Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is TTP y friend is i the hospital with this condition…

Customer Question
What is TTP y...

What is TTP y friend is i the hospital with this condition and not permited

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My friend is in the hospital and I don't know any of her meds

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

It is not me, a friend is in the hospital with his condition and cannot use the phone or any visitors,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Don't knoe anyrhing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

It's a disorder with platelets that can be managed with the person in the hospital. What particular questions do you have about it that I can answer?

She just called me to tell she was in the hospital one day after returning from a vacation in Isreal, She is not allowed to use the phone or any visitors. This is al I know.
Tell me more about this disease, I know nothing at all.
I just paid you $5.00 and did not get good inforation about my question "what is TTP? So please explain what this is that
has my friend in the hospital?
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a rare blood disorder. In TTP, blood clots form in small blood vessels throughout the body. The clots can limit or block the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the body's organs, such as the brain, kidneys, and heart.

this is a very serious blood clotting condition and often will put patients in the ICU or intensive care unit

it can be lethal and fatal as well

how old is your friend? is it important for you to see this friend of yours?