Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 22 yr old daughter is suffering w an unknown ailment.

Customer Question
My 22 yr old...

My 22 yr old daughter is suffering w an unknown ailment. Facial swelling, swelling of her lower extremities which also includes red blotchy bruised looking areas, And I’m going to headache and I’ll vomiting

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

The headache has been daily, the nausea and vomiting on and

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

We have been to the ER twice and Urgent Care 1’s in the last month

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
I added 3 photos
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what tests has she had?

does she take any meds?

Birth control. She has had blood work done on three occasions the most recent being yesterday hence I do not know the results of that. The previous blood test come back normal although I don’t know specifically what they’re looking for. It was also given a 24 hour urine specimen collection jug yesterday; hasn’t started that yet.

any autoimmune in the family?

None that we know of.

Ok. this is what it appears to be to me

something like erythema nodosum

I think she should get off the birth control

that could be the issue

and a full autoimmune blood work

labs: ANA, CRP, sed rate, rheumatoid factor, CCP

is this helpful?

Thank you.
Her facial swelling is significantly noticeable
First pic 9/30, second one taken 12/2.

No doubt. I see it.

This should be worked up right away and stop the birth control

use backup contraception if needed

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question
I strive for 5 star service with all customers

If you have more questions, just reply. :)