Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I need someone to step.up and really help me I have panic…

Customer Question
Please help me. I...

Please help me. I need someone to step.up and really help me I have panic attacks and can't go through life that way anymore. Im unable to live life. Get a job or anythibg

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Benzos I'm.telling you i have tried everything else nothing.else.works.for.me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/28/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Panic attacks and Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)are eminently treatable.They are treated by a Psychiatrist /Physician who uses medication and counselling.The medication used for this would include SSRI/SNRI drugs like Venlafaxine,Sertaline,Desvenlafaxine , Duoloxetine apart from others and anxiolytic drugs used initially for the first 2-4 weeks till the SSRI starts working fully.The medication is accompanied by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other techniques including biofeedback methods.Most partients areRegular exercise,meditation,prayer,listening to music and spending time with family and friends will help. able to return to a normal life with regression of symptoms.