Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am not a doctor. Zuniga and my husband needs to be seen by…

Customer Question
Hi, I am not...

Hi, I am not a doctor. My name is***** and my husband needs to be seen by a doctor for evaluation because recently he fall down and apparently did not hurt himself too much, but after 2 days, he could not walk with his left leg, he has a pain 10 when he tries to support on that leg,, I took him to ER and they performed an ultrasound looking for blood clots, also did Rx to look for any fracture but did not find anything wrong. We are contacting you to have a referal for therapy or you to evaluate what he needs. We have a family doctor, in San Jose, and he is on vacation, we would like to find another family doctor closer to us. we live in Hollister. My husband name is***** 64 yrs old, Diabetic, on dialysis for kidney problems.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

The symptoms get worse when he tries to stand up. No pain when sitting, only if by accident I touch, It is a little redness because he has a small infection on the side of that knee

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He had open heart surgery last march of 2016 to change a heart valve. Also he is legally blind

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 day by:
12/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. You have many issues that require a primary care Dr. You will first start with calling your insurance company, the customer service number on the back of your card. Ask to be assigned a new primary care physician. This physician can then refer you to physical therapy if needed. JA is a question and answer service. Its not your primary dr and it cant give referrals. Even if we could, your insurance company would not pay as its not the proper channel to follow. Hope this helps