Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How much does this coast?son has no insurance. Hes 21 years…

Customer Question
How much does this...

How much does this coast?son has no insurance

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes hes 21 years old and 3 weeks ago was given antibiotic for sinus infection he felt better a few days later so he stopped meds now he has the same thing again

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies. He was taking doxy cycline 100 mg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No hes heathy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry your son has a sinus infection. A few days of antibiotic is not sufficient to resolve a sinus infection. Typically he will need to take antibiotics for 2 or even 3 weeks to get total resolution of the infection. May I suggest he restart the doxycycline and take the entire amount given. Also, purchase over the counter Nasal Saline Spray and have him spray his nose often, every 2 hours to keep it moist. This should resolve after completing his prescription.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your son's medical problem(s) are resolved soon and he feels better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he threw the antibiotic away because he felt better can you please send perscription to my pharmacy?

I'm sorry, we can not provide prescriptions from the JustAnswer website.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you i thought i would get perscription thats why i paid this is disapointing.

Contact customer service for a refund.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor