Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm wondering if you know why I'm so cold. My house Herat is…

Customer Question
I'm wondering if you...

I'm wondering if you know why I'm so cold. My house Herat is set at 70 and I wear two or three long sleeved shirts, sweatpants, socks. I'm still so cold I have to cover up with blankets.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No the only thing that's different I'm sleepy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've check with two different Doctors. They did a lot of blood test. The only thing they have said is My iron is alittle low I've been on iron tablets and vitamin C for 10 days.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry you feel cold.

If your iron is a little low, then you may also be slightly anemic. Having low iron limits the amount of oxygen being carried by your red blood cells and reduces the oxygen to your muscles (especially your feet and hands. Ten days is not enough time to bring your iron levels back to normal, it usually takes several months. May I suggest you increase the temperature in your home to 72 degrees and walk in your home 10 minutes of each waking hour. Walking will help increase your circulation and help you to feel warmer. Drinking hot liquids will also help warm you.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I've tried all that.my heat was turned up to 80 for 1day . I walk around with 2 blankets wrapped around me. Hot coffee,soup, tea,cocoa nothing helps

I'm sorry that you are still cold. There is not much else that I can suggest except that you realize, increasing iron stores, reversing any anemia so your circulation increases, takes time. If you want, I will opt out and let another expert try to provide you with a more satisfactory response.

Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

how old are you?

are you male or female?

have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked? low thyroid hormone levels or hypothyroidism can cause you to feel very cold.