Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is Quillivant XR safe, proven, reviewed, and recommended by…

Customer Question
Is Quillivant XR safe, proven...
Is Quillivant XR safe, proven, reviewed, and recommended by your staff for a 6 year old with ADD hyperactivity impulsive behavior? He will not take pills and intuniv was a first choice after tenex with the second doctor's opinion to try. This drug has the usual awful possible side effects plus some hard to even read about!!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified pediatrician with 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Quillivant XR is basically the liquid, long acting formulation of methylphenidate, which is otherwise known as Ritalin in poll form. It’s is the oldest, most used and best studied stimulant medication we have for ADHD. Yes, it is time tested, proven, safe and effective for a 6 year old.
Can I help you with anything else today?

If I've addressed your question and you are satisfied, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a very Happy New Year's.