Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Thanks I will type now My lft shows GGTP value as 169 and…

Customer Question
Thanks I will type...

Thanks I will type now My lft shows GGTP value as 169 and all other parameters are ok what does this mean and which medicine should I take for cure

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No I take only BP medicine Telma H - 1 daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not exactly my KFT is also normal. I am not diabetic. My Hb1Ac is 5.7 I am thelasemia minor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

thats it.

Please provide some additional information.

Alcohol and smoking intake?

Are you overweight?

Any symptoms of pain abdomen, tenderness, nausea, vomiting?

Fat-rich diet?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

smoking never. Alcohol yes.I think I am over weight as I weigh almost 98 Kgs. Age is 53 yrs. I am a male. No other feeling currently. And not fat rich diet also

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, this is a moderate elevation of GGT and suggests some sort of liver injury.

Alcoholism is the common cause of elevated GGT.

Hence, avoidance of alcohol is very important.

To better assess the liver damage, you need a liver ultrasound and as you are overweight so the Fatty liver can be another possible cause.

The damage is usually reversible over few weeks of alcohol abstinence.

Weight loss is essential in your case.

Avoid any painkillers.

On its own GGT levels can be higher in the following scenarios:

Diabetes
Hypertension also.

So a complete clinical correlation is required.

Eat fat-free diet.

Maintain a good hydration.

Do regular exercises.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Should I take some medicine for this

Thank you for replying back.

No specific medicine is required.

A liver tonic can be helpful if you have any symptoms.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor