Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency and it was only

Customer Question
Hello, I have alpha...

Hello, I have alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency and it was only diagnosed less than 2 years ago. My liver enzymes were a bit elevated but did go back to normal. Now my ALT 122, my AST is 50 and my alk phos is 172. These values are the highest Ive had and I have not had any alcohol use in months. Are my values considered mildly high, moderately high, or severely high? As for medications, I have the nexplanon birth control implant, take multivitamins and was also taking tamiflu at the time of the blood test. The days leading up I had a few doses of tylenol but nothing major.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Only daily medications are multivitamims and my implan birth control (nexplanon) and onky allergy is to the HPV vaccine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

With my alpha 1 im a heterzygote gene i think they call it, my genes are MZ so I am a carrier, not sure if that is important.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Have you taken Tylenol before your blood work performed?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

It had been 24+ hours since I had taken any Tyenol when the blood work was done.