Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

It's my five-year-old, Nope, Nope

Customer Question
It's my five-year-old Doctor's...

It's my five-year-old

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Nope

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Please ask your question.

I am Online for your help.

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I have a five-year-old that hasn't wanted to eat since yesterday he has sores on his tongue and it's all white I think he has thrush how can I get a prescription
Are you going to answer?

Thanks for sharing pictures.

Sorry for delay in reply.

Well, It sounds to be oral thrush, It is an infection in the mouth caused by Candida.

The line of treatment is-
Miconazole mouth gel for seven days.

Nystatin drops are another option, You can buy this as OTC.

If symptoms, doesn't improve, then he may need oral anti-fungal drug fluconazole.

he can start with above medications. This is easily available as OTC.

I am sorry, we are not allowed to give prescription.

He should drink plenty of water.Take healthy and well balanced diet.
He should Eat plain yogurt with live and active cultures as this may help to restore the proper fauna in your mouth. He should brush tongue regularly- twice a day.

These measures, would surely help him.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor