Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got food poisoning from last nights dinner been up most of…

Customer Question
I got food poisoning...

I got food poisoning from last nights dinner been up most of the night vomiting and bowl movement. Feel lousy today is there anything to ease my suffering.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No neither

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

With food poisoning it is best to let the body get rid of all the irritants and the toxins whilst keeping an eye out for dehydration.

Start on a low fiber diet immediately to stop irritating the GI system.

Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea, refined cereals etc.

Drink a lot of water - oral hydration solutions like Pedialyte or Gatorade are recommended.

Get some bed rest.

For the nausea, you can start taking an anti emetic that is over the counter like Chlorpheniramine twice a day.

If you have pain, then the best thing to take is a tylenol, taking an NSAID can aggravate things further by irritating the stomach further.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!