Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am in dire stomach/abdominal pain. I haven't had a bowel…

Customer Question
Good evening, I am...

Good evening, I am in dire stomach/abdominal pain. I haven't had a bowel movement in 5 days. Stomach is bloated and hurts to the touch. Drinking 64oz + water every 24 hours and urine is still gold. OTC suppostories and powders with water and still no bowel movement. In between jobs and no insurance until Jan 2. Please advise.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No vomiting no nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia 10 years ago, took a Prev Pac and was treated in 10 days. This isn't as sever as that pain was but not improving in last 5 days.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/27/2017
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
I'm sorry to hear about your problem.
Are you able to pass wind?
No I am not.

Sorry for the late response as I was away.

How are you doing now?

You MUST go to the emergency if you are unable to pass wind.

If you have passed some wind then you can try using an enema which should be available over-the-counter.

Enemas are used for severe constipation.

But not passing any wind usually means that there could be some obstruction in your intestine which may even be a hard impacted stool sometimes as well.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done asking.

Kindest regards