Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My doctor ordered an ultra sound of my kidney because I

My doctor ordered an...

My doctor ordered an ultra sound of my kidney because I complained that I had to get up to go to the bathroom at night to often...now that that id done hr'd asking for a CAT scan...why?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

It is my doctor who has ordered it...after seeing the ultra sound. Why?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No...nothing else except that I have to get up 1-3 times every night to go to the bathroom

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Do you have the ultrasound report with you? Can you share it?

What is your age and gender?

Let me know.

I am 82 and female. All I know is that he ordered a CAT scan after seeing my ultra sound...he didn't share what he saw on the ultra sound

A CT scan is usually ordered when the ultrasound reports something suspicious like a mass or lesion in the kidneys.

A mass can be anything from a cyst to a tumor. It can also be a kidney stone.

Without seeing the ultrasound report a lot of speculation can be made, which is not always useful. So, the best course of action will be to get a copy of the ultrasound report from your doctor's office. This can be done by simply making a call to the office and asking them to email the report to you.

The office can not hold the report from you and are required by law to make it available once requested.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I
will see if I can get the u more info

Yes, for sure. If you can get some more information that will be helpful.

If you want to get back to me on this thread please do leave a positive (5 star) rating for the service. I can keep the thread open and will respond when you come back with a query.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor