Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have Parkensons desease and take a half of a pill,

Customer Question
I have Parkensons desease...

I have Parkensons desease and take a half of a pill, Carbidopa/Levo 25 mgin the AM and half in the PM. It is mow over active, and what is the remedy?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not that I am aware of.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have ptsd, hypertension, bladder problems,depression, arthuritous, & COPD.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Are you saying that the parkinson's symptoms are more active than usual?

You have only taken 25mg 2x so far, is that correct? I believe you are asking if you can take more of the medication, if that's correct please let me know and I'm happy to advise you.

Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 6 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions. The previous expert has opted out from this question and the company has made this question available now for other experts too, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Kindly tell me the health questions or health concerns you are having and I will follow up with you and give you my diagnosis & treatment recommendations ASAP.

Are you indicating the PD (Parkinson’s disease) is more active now despite the treatment with the current dose of the Carbidopa/Levodopa - half of a pill in AM and another half in the PM?

Or are you telling you have been experiencing side effects such as becoming overactive etc since you have started taking this medication?

Or are your health concerns different than the ones mentioned above?

Please not to lose hopes or get frustrated, these types of health situations can be diagnosed & treated successfully, please try to get back to me and explain your health situation more - and I can definitely help you with your health concerns.

Kindly reply,

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD