Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a woman, 78. I have had the flu for 10 days. Last

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am a woman, 78. I have had the flu for 10 days. Last Friday my chest X-ray was ok. My white count was normal. But I�m still running a temp. Of 102. I am hydrated. Is this ok?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

My health was fine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had c-diff one year ago. Two broken bones in July.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If you have a high grade fever especially if it is accompanied by chills and rigors, then I would suggest an evaluation by your doctor. A persistently high fever is the body's response to inflammation or infection. Sometimes, WBC count is slow to respond and often normal and that does not rule out infections. Chest x rays also only rule out gross infective processes and do not rule out all causes of a fever.

A blood culture is warranted here to rule out presence of bacteria in the circulation and should be done when you have a fever.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!