Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a woman, 78. I have had the flu for 10 days. Last

Customer Question
I am a woman...

I am a woman, 78. I have had the flu for 10 days. Last Friday my chest X-ray was ok. My white count was normal. But I’m still running a temp. Of 102. I am hydrated. Is this ok?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

My health was fine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had c-diff one year ago. Two broken bones in July.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry you have an upper respiratory infection for 10 days with a continuing fever. Regardless of the findings on your chest x-ray, after 10 days, you should be taking an antibiotic such as Azithromycin to treat a secondary bacterial infection. Also, your doctor should request a full infection work-up to determine why you have a continuing fever. Please contact your doctor and schedule an appointment within the next 24 hours. If this were just the "flu" you should be fever free after 10 days.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.