Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Can acetaminophen #3 tablet create a false positive on urine…

Customer Question
Can acetaminophen cod #3...

Can acetaminophen cod #3 tablet create a false positive on urine drug test

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Just a job urine test, and yes it is

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes I also take blood pressure meds and here is all the med that I am on from the doctor atorvastatin 80 md, cundamycin , cloopidogrel 75 mg, eliquis 5mg, hydrocodone acetaminoph 7.5 mg, Januvia 100 mg, novolog 100 mg, prednisone 20 mg, lisinoprl hctz 10-12.5 mg docusate sodium 100mg. all of these are givin to me by my doctors

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
needing to know, because I take a lot of meds and I need to make sure these will not sure up as a false positive for my job.
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Tylenol #3 will show up as an opiate in a general urine test as it breaks down into morphine and norcodeine.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what about the other med is submitted?

What was positive on urine drug screen?

Hi there, did you receive my previous answer?
Dr. Scott, Doctor