Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had Cingal injected into my knee 2 weeks ago and the pain…

Customer Question
I had Cingal injected...

I had Cingal injected into my knee 2 weeks ago and the pain is so severe that I can't even sleep at night..ive taken OTC's but not helping at all..i m considering going to hospital as my doctor who did the injection is on holidays

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Sleeping is worse..it is a dull ache that never goes away..last January I had a scope and they removed fragments from my knee..and my knee was perfect no pain at all..no pain up until the night of the Cingal shot..no swelling

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry you are having pain after your knee injection. An increase in pain after Cingal is unusual. There could be swelling in the joint which could cause the increased pain. May I suggest you continue the NSAIDs (Aleve or Advil) and apply an ice pack (on 20 minutes off 20 minutes). If the severe pain is not gone in 24 hours, then seek medical attention. You would require x-rays to determine if there is any additional damage to your knee. However, if the pain is severe, then seek medical attention now.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?