Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had a headache Over my left temple on and off for…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a headache Over my left temple on and off for several months and since yesterday it has continued. when I ate yesterday i ended up vomiting up my lunch even though I did not eat very much. The headache is still around even though I have had panadol osteo a couple of times. I am not able to have aspiring because I take xarelro anticoagulant. I am almost 80 years old and live alone so am getting a bit anxious. I would like some advice.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Nothing that I am aware of seems to make it better or worse. My GP suggested that it may be my blood pressure but it does not seem related to the headaches. I have my own machine and have been taking my BP whenever iI have one of these headaches.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My cardio has twice halved my BP medicine because its was lower than it needed to be and he was concerned about the possibility of falls

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that . Well pain in temple region at your age merits some attention. Would like to know if you can feel any tenderness around there in the temple area?

I would recommend you to see your doctor to examine the head for any local tenderness and prominent vessel there. We need to rule out temporal arteritis actually . Its inflmmation of temporal artery which is located in that part of our head . Inflammation can lead to pain and its a potentially vision threatening condition. It can be treated with corticosteroids .

If its simple migraine then we can manage it with pain relief like tylenol, ibuprofen or naproxen. If it still doesnt improve then we add topiramate / gabapentin .

I wish you all the best.

Let me know if you need any more help

Family Physician, Doctor