Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Our dog came in with fleas and now the house is infected.

Customer Question
Our dog came in...

Our dog came in with fleas and now the house is infected. The fleas have come on me and I am treating them with lemon spray to stop the biting. I have had a bad headache, muscle cramping and now in my stool it looks like white rice scattered. They are not moving. Do fleas cause parasites in humans?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

My headaches come and go and yes the nausea comes and goes but is more frequent now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic Also in October I found a tick in my bed but I am unsure if I was bitten

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. You can get a tapeworm from injesting a flea but its uncommon. The grains in your stool are not from the fleas. Lemon spray is not going to work at all. I am assuming you treated your dog with a flea and tick product already. You must remove the fleas from your home. What will work are setting off multiple flea bombs. You must leave the home for the day and then well ventilate it. Second use a flea treatment with residual on all carpeted areas. This is a powder. Alternatively leave the home along with your dog and hire a professional exterminator