Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just got out of the hospital for severe anemia and the…

Customer Question
I just got out...

I just got out of the hospital for severe anemia and the only medication that I started in the last two months was viibryd and I and I am concerned that Viibryd might be the culprit?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Daltin and lamictal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. They asked me if I had anemia before and I did years ago but every thing started changing after the I started the Viibryd

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You can rest assured that Viibryd is not the cause of your anemia. This medication is used safely by millions of individuals and there has not been even a single case of anemia reported with the use of this medication. Therefore your doctor should do further investigations such as iron studies or Vitamin B12 level to know the cause of the anemia. In most cases, the cause is harmless and can be corrected with medications and supplements.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!