Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question as to how will my rash last after 2G

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question as to how long will my Syphilis rash last after 2G Azithromycin treatment?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Azothromicin single dose

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Thank you

Please provide some additional information.

Since how long do you have a rash?

When have you taken Azithromycin?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Rash began saturday took Azithromycin 2G on Sunday at 1pm

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, Azithromycin is the second line of a drug to treat Syphilis.

Usually, Penicillin and Doxycycline are given for Syphilis treatment.

As you have taken Azithromycin so you can wait for a week to see if your rash is improving or not.

Otherwise, sometimes it can take few weeks to disappear.

And other antibiotics can be prescribed by your doctor also.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

I self-medicated as it was over the weekend. Can my doctor treat me with penicillin right away tomorrow or should I wait a week to seek new treatment?

Thank you for replying back.

Your doctor may prescribe you penicillin tomorrow if it was over the week.

You should see your doctor if your rash is persistently same.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Let make sure I understand. I can get a prescription for penicillin to administer after a week of having taken The Azithromycin 2G single dose, correct? Since i took the Azithromycin yesterday, I’d have to wait?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, as you have taken Azithromycin yesterday you have to wait for a week to get a prescription for penicillin.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor