Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 85 Is there a cure for Balanitis? I saw the CGHS doctor…

Customer Question
I am 85...

I am 85 Is there a cure for Balanitis ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I saw the CGHS doctor who prescribed CANDID ointment Was working good for some time Seems to have lost its effect

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My medical history includes a quadruple by pass ten years back, removal of gall bladdder Diabtes II and moderate, blood presure all under control. Also need a pain killer for Keloids from the bypass surgery

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

No Blood pressure seems to steady around 130 or 100. Sugar is around 100 to 110 Fasting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Since Candid was working, it indicates that balanitis is caused by fungal / yeast infection. Even controlled diabetes will predispose for the fungal infection.

1) You may confirm this by fungal culture.

2) Your doctor can prescribe you oral antifungal as well as local application fungal cream/ointment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.