Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been vaping for a year and I just quit and was

Customer Question
Hey so I’ve been vaping...
Hey so I’ve been vaping for a year and I just quit and was wondering if my lungs will heal and mg throat and how long it will take
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

How often have you been vaping and what sort of products have you used mostly? Also, do you have a history of cigarette use?

No cigarette use and not too bad but I hit it usually when I’m stressed which is a lot since it’s my first year in college
the juul

With vaping the biggest issue is the amount of mucous that builds up deep in the lungs and less worry as far as damage to the alveoli. So in order to full recover you likely would need only about 6 months of not vaping. I would say less time if you're otherwise young and quite healthy.

There should be no permanent damage because you haven't used it long enough.

since I’m young and healthy how long should I expect to wait until I feel like my lungs are better

I would say 3 months, tops.

Ok thank you minimum what would be the timeline if things go 100% well

Really hard to say without examining you but I would say within about 6 weeks.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dr. Mo

Ok is there anything I can take or do to help speed up the process

There isn't anything I would recommend except for making sure that if you have any acid reflux or sinus problems that you address those because secretions from your stomach or sinuses can make your throat and lungs worse.

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo