Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have allergies and I’m sick with congestion bodyaches what…

Customer Question
I have allergies...

I have allergies and I’m sick with congestion bodyaches what can I take over counter meds that won’t have reaction to

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Zyrtec and Aspirin ibuprofen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that’s it I started talking alkaseltzer plus but had reaction to it so I stop started theraflu didn’t reactions that bad still reaction a little

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/25/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. Sorry, you are having congestion and body aches. You can add Saline Nasal Spray to help with the congestion. This will not cause any side effects and you can use it as often as needed. Continue to take Zyrtec and Ibuprofen, increased fluids and if possible some additional rest. This is most likely viral and should resolve within 4-5 days. Since you are sensitive to many medications, the fewer you take the better you will be. I wish I could suggest a "miracle" OTC that would take your symptoms totally away, but there is none. It will just take more time.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Do you have any questions about the information that was posted?