Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I believe I have shingles. Have not seen Dr. I take

Customer Question
I believe I have...

I believe I have shingles.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have not seen Dr. I take Hydroxychlor, Losartan, Furosemide, Metformin, Tamoxifen,and recently started Diclofenac and TiZANidine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did have a shingles vaccination a few years ago. Do not itch as much today.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have a picture of the area that you think is affected with shingles, if so, could you upload it here?

If you had a shingles vaccine then the chance of it developing into something more severe is diminished. But if it's near the face then there is always a concern of eye involvement which is why you should get seen if you develop any eye redness or pain. Otherwise, if you can apply some topical creams such as hydrocortisone along with eucerin then that should decrease the itching until the vaccine you had kicks in and helps get rid of the shingles outbreak.

Unable to do. My daughter-in-law looked at It last evening and said it was shingles.

Sure. So if it's shingles and it's not on the face then you should be okay. The shingles vaccine should kick in and help it feel better. You would be safe to use the creams I mentioned otherwise you can take medication for itching from over the counter - but the creams usually work really well.

I did not see creams you recommended.

The best creams to use for this would be a combination of hydrocortisone cream and Eucerin cream.

Thank you

Glad I could help.

I hope I provided you with a five-star service.