Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have red bumps on my legs from shaving about 2wks ago, it…

Customer Question
I have red bumps...

I have red bumps on my legs from shaving about 2wks ago, it is much worse, what should o dp

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No, benadryl helps a little

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
12/25/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have severe itching?

Associated pain with bumps?

Have they increased in size with time?

Can you please share picture.

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

they do itch, i have calamine lotion

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, it sound to be Folliculitis. It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.

Sometimes, it can become infected.

You can apply Bacitracin ointment on affected part.

You can apply a small amount of this medication in a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently, this can be used 2 times a day.

You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.

You can use over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.
You can take Tylenol for associated pain and inflammation, it can be taken twice a day.

You can continue to take OTC Zyrtec once a day for one week.

You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
You should not share your towels or washcloths, and launder them in plenty of hot, soapy water after every use.

Usually such symptoms will get resolve in a week by these tips.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank u for checking I'm seeing a dermatologist at the moment, the problem is not getting better

Good to hear, that you have seen a dermatologist.

Please follow instructions, as advised by your doctor.

God bless you !!

Wish you a Happy new year !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor