Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few blue spots on the inside of my mouth -- on both…

Customer Question
I have a few...

I have a few blue spots on the inside of my mouth -- on both sides, symmetrically -- and on the outside of my mouth,I feel bumps on both sides.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No tooth pain, no swelling except for these two little symmetrical bumps.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Rheumatoid arthritis

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

The bumps on the outside of my mouth area can only be felt, don't show in a photo.
The few spots on the inside are very small, started out blueish, then red, now are disappearing -- but the bumps are still there.
My dentist's office is closed for 2 weeks -- I just want to know if this may be urgent, a sign of mouth cancer, etc.
If not, I'll relax and wait until I see the dentist.

Cancer is usually one singular white spot

just click send to reply