Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have IBS and have severe constipation. Have been on the…

Customer Question
I have IBS and...

I have IBS and have severe constipation. Have been on the toilet for 3 and 1/2 hours, producing two small stools. I have taken the maximum dose of milk of magnesia. I had cancer which damaged my colon. I have also had diarrhea with my IBS.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

What do you mean a personal record? Like a journal?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve had five operations: A total hysterectomy due to endometriosis. Another operation to remove more endometriosis caused by estrogen. Gallbladder removal, due to 3 stones. Right nephrectomy. Removal of sacral Chordoma cancer, with proton and photon radiation during treatment.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have bad constipation

how old are you?

it sounds like you need to try a fleet suppository and a fleet enema.

are you able to get to a grocery store or drug store for an enema?

have you used one before?

I am 73 years old. I have a fleet enema. Yes, I have used one before.

you should use the fleet enema if you are very constipated

try to hold the fleet enema inside of your rectum as long as you can

and drink more water and fulids.

you can also try to eat some prunes.