Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just noticed pitting edema on my shin. It's taken over and…

Customer Question
I just noticed pitting...

I just noticed pitting edema on my shin. It's taken over and hour for it to fill in. I am not in good health.. I have Metastized Melanoma Serious and made a huge decision to go to the E.R. last week (no insurance since A.H.C went to $900 a month) They were very kind and found that besides Ankylosing Spondylitis I was having Costo Chontritis..My cartilidge is turning to bone. I do do breathing exercises. This morning and very often I have foot drop in the leg that I just noticed the pitting edema in. I'm having a reccurance of melanoma after mohs surgery all over my face.. I'm a mess..

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No just over a long period of time I've gained a lot of weight. I have tumors In both feet making it hard to walk... They are not Mortons- Had them MRI'd but no one will touch them.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Menieres Disease (Active) Falling and Breaking a lot of bones in the last two years. Both Ankles, A large piece out of my upper left arm by the head of the humorous - it's been about a year and it has not healed.. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
I do spend a lot of time in bed. :( Had a raging headache all night. History of Von Willebrands. But ended up taking aspirin to get some relief. I also have to self cath. at this time Drs. Guessing it's my back...
12/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

No. There was no bruising just pitting that took a long time to fill back in. I've never had that happen. I do however have numbness a lot from the waist down.. and a constant feeling of being in an idling car... The Drs. Did do an e.k.g. and were very thorough last week - no high blood pressure. I also meditate through tumor surgeries - I don't take pain meds. Eat very healthy.. both ankles have broken upon standing up at different times and my family just told me to put ice on them as we didn't have the money for the E.R. even on A.H.C. it would have been $500. to go to E.R.... my ankles don't look normal any more.. I've wondered whether there has been a compressed nerve or blood to either foot. I do occasionally break small bones in my feet just walking on these tumors... I'm not that fat!

How bad is your melanoma?

is it spread throughout the body?

I've had Three Large Tumors Removed One from the Breast. (it was Melanoma) one from the waist area and sadly about 1/4 of my face.. I believe it has spread to all over my face...and have been concerned about that. It is not good.. I fear it has spread to my bones by the amount of breaks I have experienced..
I'm not the type to freak out... It's happening and I'm dong what I can control diet - self care- breathing exercises.. I do fall a lot. and have problems with my vision which a Retina Specialist and Opthamalogist don't know what is wrong. Dry eyes, They have put in plugs..
Oddly I have no pathology reports from the tumor operations. When my family Dr. did the biopsy: He actually was crying saying "it's the worst kind" He's young. I told him he was the hero then because he found it.. the surgery on my face took 6.5 hours and I'm sure it has spread. I've never even had a mole...

when was your last blood work?

I'm worried about kidney and liver issues with this edema

They Did Some While I Was at the E.R. last week. Sarasota Memorial Hosp.. they did a pretty wide panel - I'm concerned too.. Also about Bone .. What would I Be looking for in terms of other symptoms..?
They did do a Liver Profile Last week and CT of ABD. With and W/O Contrast and Lipase serum - Pro-thrombin time. Dx: Was acute chest wall pain. abd. pain. Acute and chronic.

What did the CT show?

just click send to reply

Family Physician, Doctor