Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I️Ve been using a lot of cocaine the last around 3 weeks…

Customer Question
Hi. I️Ve been using...

Hi. I️Ve been using a lot of cocaine the last around 3 weeks (straight) about 80-200$ worth a night. (Split between 3 people). Starting about two nights ago, my heart has been beating very hard. I️ can feel it against my chest. When I️ feel my bpm on my wrist I’m getting about 85-90 BPM. But the pain and irritability of my chest pounding has been really bothering me and worrying me. It’s been doing this for three straight days. I️Ve also been very tried. Normally when i do coke I’m very energetic/talkative/wise awake. The last three nights after doing around 8-9 grams (split between 3 people) I’m very tired and fatigue, even

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes. My older brother (38 y/o) had a geart transplant. He had beyond excellent health, caugh The fly and his heart ended up shutting down. Found out he had cardio myopathy. My mother also had this. And her mother died of a heart attack when she was just 52 years old

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I️ don’t think so. Just that my mothers side of the family have all had heart problems.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

It is unclear what specific information you are seeking.

It is impossible to say with certainty whether the symptoms that you describe are due to heart disease, but the symptoms certainly could be related to heart disease. You are correct that the family history increases your risk for heart disease, and the cocaine use can contribute to heart problems.

It would require a proper evaluation to determine the cause of your symptoms.

Is there any other information that would be helpful?