Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Having a burning sensation while urinating at the tip of the…

Customer Question
Having a burning sensation...

Having a burning sensation while urinating at the tip of the penis. The pain is most intense at the end of urinating. just drank some cranberry juice and it ran right through leaving a pink residue at the tip of the penis. Should I continue to drink cranberry and/or water?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

2 days

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

you could be passing a very small kidney stone causing irritation of your urethra

yes, you should continue to drink water and cranberry juice and continue to urinate frequently

urinating frequently is good for your kidneys and bladder and urethra.

and avoiding caffeine and alcohol which can irritate your bladder and urethra as well.

let me know if you have questions.