Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can i take magnesium citrate and lexapro. Trouble staying…

Customer Question
Can i take magnesium...

Can i take magnesium citrate and lexapro

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

Trouble staying asleep also trying to stop taking ativan. Ihave been taking ativan for three weeks but have to stop.

Doctor's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

Im sorry whatvdo you mean

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I have anxiety and would like to control it with natural remedies and ativan is addictive and would like to get off of it.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Im a worrier and that triggers my aniexty

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

There is moderate interaction between these two drugs mainly because of laxative effect of magnesium which can ultimately lowers magnesium levels. Escitalopram can cause an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. The risk is increased if you have low blood levels of magnesium or potassium, which can occur with bowel cleansing preparations or excessive use of medications that have a laxative effect like magnesium citrate. Do not exceed the dose and duration of use of magnesium citrate recommended on the product label or prescribed by your doctor. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications. In addition, you should let your doctor know if you experience signs and symptoms of low magnesium or potassium blood level such as weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, tingling, numbness, muscle pain, cramps, nausea, or vomiting

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.