Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking the chemotherphy t. This treatment went…

Customer Question
I have been taking...

I have been taking the chemotherphy t

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This treatment went well with no side effects for the entire process. Now I am having the effects of numbness in my feet and tingling in my legs with lower back pain. Is there anything that can be done

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, as such numbness in feet and legs with lower back pain, is not related with side effect from Chemotherapy.

This can be due to some other issue.

These symptoms can be due to neuropathy or other nerve diseases.
It can occur due to diabetes ,thyroid disorders, vitamin deficiency, low calcium or electrolyte abnormalities.
This may also occur due to pinched nerve in spine, and may be affected by posture in sleep. Pressure on the spinal nerves, or pressure on Peripheral nerves can cause numbness in legs after waking up in morning.

You will be requiring few tests for exact diagnosis. These are-

-Complete blood count
-Electrolyte level
-Thyroid function tests
-Measurement of vitamin levels
-Blood sugar tests.
Also Electromyography test and MRI of spine may be considered.
You should take plenty of vegetables, fruits, water and electrolyte solutions.

Also you should take vitamin B complex supplements.
I advise you to see your doctor, for evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh