Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My blood pressure was higher than normal. Last monday. at…

Customer Question
My blood pressure was...

My blood pressure was higher than normal

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Last monday. at doctors office it was 130 / 84. I am on bp meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Asthma and COPD acting up a bit.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The blood pressure you are having of 130 / 84 is only mildly raised.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Your systolic blood pressure of 130 is slightly higher then normal.

Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your diastolic blood pressure of 84 is again slightly higher then normal.

Nothing to worry. You just need to continue taking your BP medications as prescribed.

Further following will help you greatly to control the slightly elevated BP:

-Restrict your salt intake .

-Drink plenty of water.

-Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.

-If you are overweight,then loose weight.

-Eat a healthy diet.

-Eat less fat and sodium.

All this will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance regarding your blood pressure reading?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor