Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Just noticed my left leg is swollen, thou right one doesn't…

Customer Question
Just noticed my left...

Just noticed my left leg is swollen, thou right one doesn't seem to be. No pain. Had bilateral lung and left leg clots following hernia surgery 10/11/17. Could this be related? Should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Just noticed as was getting ready for bed.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The clots mentioned above seem pertinent. At hospital, a study was done to see if I have a a genetic cause for blood clot formation, and that was affirmative. Have no fever, pain, etc.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This may be related. An high index of suspicion is needed by your medical history and genetic tests. You need a color doppler study (specialized ultrasound and D-dimer test) for evaluation. If you have any pain, warmth, tenderness, redness in the calf; that would further warrant an immediate assessment for blood clots (deep vein thrombosis).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.