Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed a small pea-sized lump on my perineum area a

Customer Question
Hi. I noticed a small...
Hi. I noticed a small pea-sized lump on my perineum area a couple of months ago. i did not put much thought into it thinking it could be a pimple or something common. i gave it a few months and the lump is still there.it is hard, It does not hurt when you touch it and it can be moved about as though it is attached to the skin rather than the muscle. when i pull it away from the skin, it is perfectly circular in shape.I have not gone to a doctor and would like to know first if i should be worried or not. thanks. i am 35y/o 200lbs 5'11.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. This is most likely a sebaceous cyst. They form due to friction and are nothing to be overly concerned about. Its likely to go away in time