Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had intercourse last night, and my labia and vagina is…

Customer Question
I had intercourse last...

I had intercourse last night, and my labia and vagina is very swollen and blew up like a balloon and the vaginal area is very very painful what should I do what is this?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I do have herpes type 2 and thrush I haven’t done anything with the swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just those

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you suffer from pain, itching?

Vaginal discharge?

Burning during urination?

Any lump formation?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I’m 16 it’s very painful there’s no discharge there is burning during urination there’s 1 lump standing out a bit in the vagina area
But the whole thing is very big, I’m currently on the pill and I took Panadol and a thrush pill

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

As per your description, the most common cause of this happening is vaginal dryness.

If there is not enough vaginal moisture during intercourse, the labia minora experience a great deal of friction and eventually inflammation and possibly trauma depending on how long the intercourse went on and how moisture was lacking.

Such swelling can be Bartholin gland cyst formation.

Now I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.

Warm water sitz bath with an antiseptic solution for 15 minutes twice a day.

An application of OTC 0.5% hydrocortisone cream with Polysporin cream.

Wear loose-fitting cotton fabric panties.

Take OTC Advil and Allegra for 3-5 days.

Abstain from sexual activities for a week.

Use a lubricant to reduce friction during sex.
Add yogurt (with live active cultures) and probiotics contain Lactobaccillis acidophilus such as RepHresh.

Also, a product called Boric Acid vaginal suppositories will help too.

Stay away from perfumed detergents, soaps, and feminine products.

Don’t douche.

Maintain a good hydration.

If your symptoms persist then see your gynecologist for a clinical exam.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.