Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

We are currently in Paris, France. My wife has developed a…

Customer Question
We are currently in...

We are currently in Paris, France. My wife has developed a cold and is experiencing what seems to be severe ear pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

None detected

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described about your wife of having cold & severe ear pain now is most likely due to infection passing to ear via eustachian tube(a connection between middle ear & back of nose).

Following is recommended for her:

• For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide her great relief from these symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.
  • Keep a humidifier running in your room.
  • Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide her dramatic relief.
  • To get relief from ear pain ,she can take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help her greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to take her to ER as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor