Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How are you?. I went to sleep last night feeling pretty

Customer Question
Hello, how are you...

Hello, how are you? My name is ***** *****. I went to sleep last night feeling pretty good. This morning, I woke up to some pain in close proximity to my elbow. And throughout the day, there has been a lump that has formed next to my elbow. When I press on it, I feel alot of pain. on the inside of the same arm (crease) there is a very small area that looks like a rash.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Yes, swelling has occurred within the past 12 hours

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing at all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Chris,

Could you please post a picture?

Any unaccustomed activity in last 3-4 days?

Two images are attached. No sir, no unaccustomed activity at all.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

I have had this rash however for maybe 3-4 days. I have putting walmart brand cortizone on it.

Chris,

This seems to be Olecranon bursitis.

Following can help you;

1) Motrin / Advil

2) Elbow brace

3) Local analgesic cream / spray.

4) Avoiding hanging the arm.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thanks. Should ice help this swelling, or not?

You are very welcome.

Ice compresses can be done, 3-4 times a day, ten minutes each time.

This will help.

It is privilege assisting you.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Merry Christmas.