Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have taken HCTZ foe swelling legs and was told the I would…

Customer Question
I have taken HCTZ...

I have taken HCTZ foe swelling legs and was told the I would have frequent eurinary teips but I have less then half as before

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

It is the same as before this 4 day use

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 88 and much slower and anxious

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Has your swelling of the legs gone down?

Has your urine amount increased (may not be frequency)?

swelling is the same. urination is less after 5 days

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but I am writing you the answer here.

We can continue this chat.

Since your swelling is same and have not significantly decreased, you may need to increase the dose of the medicine. HCTZ is a diuretic and usually eliminates fluid from the body. It is not effective in your case.

Your doctor may increase the dose or prescribe you another diuretic.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl Merry Christmas.Happy Holidays.