Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriend and me were and lost our virginity to each

Customer Question
Hi , my boyfriend...

Hi , my boyfriend and me were virgins and lost our virginity to each other , he has been experiencing a fish smell from his penis , a little bump appeared at the base of his penis went a way and now there is one between his sack and anus. He had bubbly cum as well

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Has he had any tests? STD panel?

Does he have a fever?

What is your prime concern with this?

Let me know.

The fishy oder coming from his penis , we haven't taken any Std test simply because we both have remained faithful through our relationship
We're both young and don't want to notify our parents about this.

It is not necessary to get an STD only if you have been unfaithful.

STDs are simply urinary tract infections that are transferred during sexual intercourse.

And sometimes, they can just occur spontaneously.

I would suggest that at this point in time, you both should abstain from sexual intercourse.

Get an STD panel or at least a urine culture and urinalysis.

Your boyfriend needs to see his PCP for empirical antibiotics, while he waits for the cultures or the test results to come back and once they are back, depending on the type of infection, the antibiotics can be modified.

Drink a lot of water.

Keep the genitalia clean.

Void at least twice before going to bed to keep the bladder empty.

Cranberry juice thrice a day.

And disodium citrate sachets thrice a day to keep the urine alkalinized.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Is there any over the counter antibiotics you can buy for this ?
We believe based ok symptoms that he might have Trich.