Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The node on the left side of my neck, botom of head has been…

Customer Question
The node on the left...
The node on the left side of my neck, botom of head has been very swollen and painful off and on for a long time, (well over a year) my hair has fallen out, it starts to come in, then comes out again. Where my crown is theres a big dent. There seems to be masses of hair there also, piled on top of eachothwr, but all stuck. This, brown/yellow stuff at times colors my face neck, hands and arms and wil be allover my house, doors, units, i xan see it on kitchen floor etc.... I am forever cleaning, i could go on and on. Doctors are fobbing me off xonstantly which is really getting to me
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

46
I am just going to let you ask me the questions as I think my own doctor and others are over run by symptoms and now maybe confused?? There has been a dust like mater come from my head a few times, felt sandy/chalky when rubbed between fingers. Also, i have hundreds of fine white/ blonde tiny hairs all down each side of my face coming under my chin. I think these are also at the back of my head where the hair should be or sometimes is, it does calm dpwn i think on the head but on my face just seems to very slowly get worse. Times theyve've appeared worse over my chin around lips.whether these are related, ive been told we all have these hairs which i do know this but i never had to this extreme before they also didnt irritate me either before as they multiplied.
Theres also been many bloods come back, all fine, i do suffer psoriatic arthritis, aplarently fibriomyalgia and have a thyroid problem which is medicated. I choose not to take medication for arthritis as I also suffer bi polar and side effects from these make me feel very ill physically, this effects me mentally the 2 together I have found is really too much for me to cope with. Since making this decision my mental health is so much more stabilized although I am in more pain and deteriorating more quickly. Most doctors tend to put everything down to my mental health, as soon as they find out I have bi polar (very judgemental) this issue I have is an on going problem that isnt getting better, O literally have no hair, constantly cleaning as of the yellow.brown stuff coming from wherever of my skin, i'm not able for cleaning this way, so i'm in terrible pain all the time which I dont think it would be quite as bad if i wasnt having to do this constantly everyday. I did at one time find housework as a way of managing my bi polar, it was something i enjoyed, not anymore.