Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Lower right side pain abdomen radiating to hip, groin and…

Customer Question
Lower right side pain...

Lower right side pain abdomen radiating to hip, groin and lower right back and nausea. Can that be appendicitis?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Three tylenols and this condition has been going on for a week and getting worse every day. No pain while sleeping.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have IBS, GERD, maybe arthritis in upper right leg

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/22/2017
Doctor: Ross, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Ross
Ross, Doctor

Hello DrRoss I'm a surgeon I will try to help

has the pain moved from where it was originally

appendix you would have fever chills also, bowels moving ok, and change in urination

no pain with sleeping tells me it is most likely musculoskeletal

te nausea can be from the pain with your history of GERD

t​he lack of pain with sleeping goes against appendix or any internal organ because when the are inflamed they irritate the peritoneum (belly) now saying all that a retrocecal appendicoitis can give to different back leg pain but again would have a fever