Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have dysphagia. will I HAVE TO HAVE A TUBE INSERTED IN MY…

Customer Question
I have dysphagia....

I have dysphagia. will I HAVE TO HAVE A TUBE INSERTED IN MY THROAT IF I GO TO THE HOSPITAL. I THINK I WOULD RATHER DIE IF THAT HAD TO HAPPEN

Doctor's Assistant: How severe is this?

Lately my food has regurgitated and it feels uncomfortable as it passes down the esophagus and I have thrown up

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take klonopin 4mgdaily for anxiety as my husband has dementia

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry that you suffer from Dysphagia. First, the diagnosis of Dysphagia can be done with an upper GI x-ray where you swallow a liquid while the films are taken. If you are concerned about having endoscopy (a test that places a scope through your mouth to look at your esophagus and stomach) you will be asleep and not feel anything. It may be that you have Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD) and may only need a medication called a PPI such as Nexium to control your symptoms. May I suggest you schedule an appointment with a Gastroenterologist for evaluation. You may just need medication to control the acid and not need any further studies initially.

I hope I have relieved your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor