Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had to go to the restroom during sex. While going a blood…

Customer Question
Good morning, I had...

Good morning, I had to go to the restroom during sex. While going a blood clot came out of my penis with blood right after...Why would that happen...very scary..

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have high blood pressure...stomach feels full and bloated all the time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Ok

What is your age?

Any history of kidney stone?

I'm 45.. no history with kidney stones but my stomach and consistency of bowels is off I feel full very fast..feels like my food doesn't digest like it use too...wondering could it be prostate or kidney related

Did you ejaculate and then went to restroom or was it during the sex (before ejaculation)?

I ejaculated but went to the rest room about 15 min. Afterwards

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

A simple kidney stone or urinary tract infection may be the culprit here.

But you need following investigations;

1) Urine routine

2) Urine culture

3) Xray abdomen

4) Ultrasound

5) CT scan of abdomen.

These should be able to pinpoint the cause.

The various causes for this blood from penis (called as hematuria) can be;

1) Kidney and bladder stones

2) Urinary Tract Obstruction

3) Urinary Tract Trauma

4) Excessive exercise

5) Urinary tract Infection

6) Sickle Cell Disease

7) Kidney and bladder tumor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Family Physician, Doctor