Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently been to the doctors on Tuesday due to a

Customer Question
Hi I have recently...

Hi I have recently been to the doctors on Tuesday due to a suspected virus, I’ve felt better the past few days now all of a sudden I’m aching all over and feel extremely tired and out of breath with the smallest movements is it possible the virus has come back or could it be something else

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not since the first diagnosis no I haven’t seen a doctor. I’m on no medications currently

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I’m allergic to codine but not taking any medications

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Turners syndrome

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

I am sorry that no expert has yet responded.

It is unusual for a virus to get significantly worse again after several days of feeling better. It is true that symptoms may get better and worse during the recovery period, but once there are several days of feeling better, it is unusual for a virus to be significantly worse again.

It is more common that worsening symptoms is due to another infection or an exacerbation of non-infectious inflammation in the respiratory system. A respiratory viral infection can lead to other secondary infections, so the worsening symptoms could be due to an infection caused by the original virus, but that is different than the virus simply getting worse again.

If you are having significant shortness of breath, it is appropriate for you to be seen again.