Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have several medical issues...i lost my colon from

Customer Question
I have several medical...

I have several medical issues...i lost my colon from crohns... i also have gastroparesis and my battery in my stomach is dead so I'm having a really hard time with the pain...i also have chronic pancreatitis which is also very painful...hopefully having my stimulator replaced "some time in January " depending on the insurance company

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Ive not really had anything substantial in several days. ..i just got home from the hospital forfor profuse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Vomiting and pain

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Those are major issues...i do have great doctors but looking for something to help me through the pain and nausea

Since your battery is non functioning, I am writing you some measures which may help you.

Gastroparesis or slow emptying stomach needs a very comprehensive management regime. Judicious and persistent intervention by various measures should be able to control the symptoms quite nicely. Following is the management plan.

1) nutritional modifications,

a) multiple small meals,

b) favor liquids over solids,

c) avoiding indigestible solids,

d) consuming low-fat meals

2) medications to stimulate gastric emptying,

a) metoclopramide,

b) erythromycin,

c) domperidone,

d) phenothiazines (prochlorperazine, thiethylperazine),

e) Ginger

f) Acupressure

g) Nitrates, buspirone, sumatriptan

3) endoscopic and surgical approaches,

a) Injection of botulinum toxin

b) gastric electrical stimulator implantation

c) surgical pyloroplasty

4) psychological interventions

a) treatment of anxiety and depression

b) biofeedback and/or hypnosis

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Im not really sure what you want me to do

You can take Ginger.

Ask your doctor to prescribe metoclopramide.

Was this helpful to you.

Family Physician, Doctor