Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am 76 year old female. I get bright red cheeks and they…

Customer Question
I am 76...

I am 76 year old female. I get bright red cheeks and they feel hot. It is not rosacea. I take several medication that I suspect. I am have GI symptom. This is a steadily increasing problem, than ks

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies that I know of. Meds are requip 1mg 4x. carvedi9lol; flecinaid; valsartan--the only one I have taken for a long time that coincides with my red cheeks spells is requip

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am having GI symptoms bloating secondary to eating anything--pain in left lower quadrant

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
I had an elevated Ama and had a liver biopsy that was negative and I was told I was fine. However the GI symptoms have 9increased exponentially and I noticed that my cheeks flame when I am most symptomatic
12/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

with an elevated Ama indicating autoimmune problems doesn't that suggest I am reacting to something

an elevated ANA and bright red cheeks needs more testing

you need more blood testing to check for lupus

you may need to see a GI doctor

and get a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy scope procedure.

Family Physician, Doctor