Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Awesome. I want to try antiviral drugs for my painful

Customer Question
Are you a robot? ...

Are you a robot?

Doctor's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the doctor more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Awesome

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I want to try antiviral drugs for my painful itching

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

14 years. I have "outbreaks" I think with red bumps, some very painful. Lack of sleep and stress tend to make it worse.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/21/2017
Doctor: Camille-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Camille-Mod
I'm Camille and I'm a moderator for this topic. While I am not trying to discourage you from getting help from our Experts, I do want you to know that at this time we do not offer prescription service of any kind, nor can we offer Doctor's excuses or notes. Experts can not direct you to a specific Physician for any kind of treatment or services which includes requests for Doctors that can/will write certain medication prescriptions for you as this is handled on a case by case basis by the individual Physicians you may choose for your hands-on care.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question. I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Camille - Moderator
Hello
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello. This is Dr. Love.

What question do you have about this situation?

I'm wondering if i should take an antiviral drug to curb an outbreak i think i am having. I have an ongoing issue with painful itching all over my body. Ive visited many doctors with no proper diagnosis. Tried A few things like stool samples, blood tests. Many blood tests. All come back "clear".Ive done a live culture of one of my cold sores before and they said it came back negative for anything. They claim it be folliculitis and prescribed doxycycline twice. i only took it once for two weeks followed by probiotic, I did not feel confident doing it again after waiting 2 months to check in. Makes me very sick too. They claim to have no other options for me. I'm afraid to take any antibiotics since i feel this current outbreak [1 year and 3 months now} was caused by taking ciproflaxin after getting an ultrasound to check my testicles for bumps.I get horrible tinging and itching all over my body that comes and goes through out the year. Red bumps appear, some small and some very big and painful. HSV testing says some exposure but not infected. But i have discovered that only a western blot test can test for HSV infection, so i cant say its not HSV. Also Every girl I make Physical contact with gets it too, but they never talk to me after exposure to tell me that i gave them something. they block me off thinking i know i have something, but my doctors tell me its ok to mate...when its not. I can add photosDo antiviral drugs work only for specific viruses, and would taking an antiviral help with these outbreaks i have. Photos available just ask. Also what kind of anti parasite remedies would you recommend. thanks

Antiviral drugs only work for specific viruses. There are antiviral drugs that can help with HSV infections, but there is no evidence that diffuse tingling and itching can be due to HSV, and there is no evidence that an antiviral can help with diffuse tingling and itching.

I would be glad to review photos, but even before seeing the photos, the symptoms you describe would not be due to HSV.

pictures have been added...

These do not look like they are due to a virus. They could be a bacterial infection, and topical or oral antibiotics may help.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor